DistributedDataMining

Beendet
rebirther
Admin

DistributedDataMining

#1 Post by rebirther » 27.02.2010, 08:20

http://www.distributeddatamining.org/

Team
DistributedDataMining (dDM) is the name of a research project that uses Internet-connected computers to do research in the area of Time Series Analysis and Social Network Analysis. You can support me and my research by spending computational power. All you have to do is downloading and running a free program on your computer. This programm uses the idle time on your computer and shouldn't effect your daily work. During the last 7 days 20371 hours computational power were spent by 225 computers of dDM project members. I'd like to thank all project members for there generous support of my research.
Achtung!
Man sollte bei den Tasks aufpassen, 1GB RAM verbrauchen die schon bei ca. 11-23sek Rechenzeit (4 Tasks gleichzeitig), BOINCManager reagiert hier schnell nicht mehr so wie es sein soll durch packen/entpacken der zip-Dateien!
Last edited by rebirther on 27.02.2011, 07:50, edited 4 times in total.

rebirther
Admin

#2 Post by rebirther » 27.02.2010, 17:35

Danke Nico für deine Erklärungen, für alle Interessenten hier mal mehr Infos über das Projekt:
Bei den Experimenten geht es
1. um die Entdeckung von Communities in Sozialen Netzwerken. Als ein solches Netzwerk untersuche ich Daten der Last.fm Plattform. Falls Du daran näher interessiert bist, gibt es hier mehr Informationen:
http://www.nicoschlitter.de/node/9738

2. um die Analyse und Prognose von ökonomischen Zeitreihen. Das können z.B. die Verläufe von Absatzzahlen im Handel oder Preise von Waren/Gütern/Dienstleistungen sein. Ich persönlich untersuche die Entwicklung von Wertpapieren. Es geht aber weniger um die Anwendung als viel mehr um die Methodik die generell notwenig ist um Zeitreihen zu analysieren/prognostizieren. Mehr dazu gibts unter: http://www.nicoschlitter.de/node/33

Die Ergebnisse der Experimente fließen in meine Forschungsarbeit ein. Dazu gibt es auch schon ein paar Veröffentlichen, die auf der Projektseite mit aufgelistet sind.

rebirther
Admin

#3 Post by rebirther » 03.03.2010, 16:54

Damit die Anwendung reibungslos funktioniert müssen die aktuellsten java-Versionen v6 installiert werden. Probleme mit älteren Versionen v6 schalten die Aero Oberfläche ab, Performanceprobleme waren ebenfalls zu beobachten.

rebirther
Admin

#4 Post by rebirther » 18.12.2010, 11:05

Recently, the popular german journal Handelsblatt has briefly reported about the dDM project:

http://www.handelsblatt.com/technologie ... 10#bgStart

Besides SETI@home, Einstein@home and other well known BOINC projects, our DistributedDataMining project is listed as one of the most popular Distributed Computing projects.

We are proud of the publicity and the appreciation.

rebirther
Admin

#5 Post by rebirther » 15.01.2011, 19:46

As already announced here, we continue Daniel's research in the field of Medical Data Analysis.

Therefore, we've implemented a new and more flexible java wrapper. Now, after finishing our tests, a new application about Laryngeal high-speed video classification is available for Windows and Linux operation systems.

Please report any noticeable problems via the forum.
Klingt doch mal interessant.

odicin

#6 Post by odicin » 22.03.2012, 01:02

A new application is available for the project DistributedDataMining: Theoretical Biology: Multi-Agent Simulation of Evolution

DoctorNow

#7 Post by DoctorNow » 19.04.2018, 17:13

Das nächste Projekt schließt - diese Meldung ist das einzige, was derzeit auf der Homepage steht:
The DistributedDataMining project is shutting down!

Dear ddm users,

we had a good run during the last years and the computing power which you provided enabled many researchers to achieve there scientific goals.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to invest as much time as I wanted into maintaining the ddm project and although the BOINC client was working fine most of the time, the page had more and more problems which were not addressed properly. I was thinking about shuting down the project many times but there was never the right moment.

Recently, this changed when a critical vulnerability of the Drupal content management system was publicly announced. Since the ddm website was running an old version of Drupal, no fix is available for this issue. As a consequence, I took the website down. There are no indications that the vulnerability was exploited. The actual BOINC server is running on a different machine and would not have been effected anyway.

I had the choice between (1) updating to the latest Drupal version including the time consuming re-integration of all the BOINC features and (2) shutting down the project for good. I decided that this is the right moment to let it come to an end. I simply do not have the time to operate the project in the way that you would deserve.

From now on, no new workunits will be generated. The remaining units will be distributed to the BOINC clients and the incomming results will be processed as usuall. The BOINC statistics which are frequently crawled by multiple websites will stay online for a while, so that your credits won't be lost.

Thank you for your understanding and all your support during the last years.
Best regards,
Nico
Life is Science, and Science rules. To the universe and beyond
Member of BOINC@Heidelberg + BOINC Confederation
My BOINC-Stats / My Badges-List

Ralfy
BC-Member

#8 Post by Ralfy » 12.06.2018, 20:45

Ja, leider, und eigentlich nur unnötigerweise wegen Drubal.