MineCraft@Home

Beendet
DoctorNow

MineCraft@Home

#1 Post by DoctorNow » 24.06.2020, 19:51

EIn neues Projekt ist aufgetaucht:
MineCraft@Home
https://minecraftathome.com/minecrafthome/

Kenne MineCraft leider nur vom Namen her, hab das nie gespielt und weiß deshalb nicht, ob die Anwendungen wirklich was damit zu tun haben, aber der Funktionsweise wie in den News erklärt glaube ich das eher nicht.
Derzeit sind zwei Anwendungen verfügbar, beide allerdings nur für GPU. Arbeit gibt's derzeit nur für eine App.
Life is Science, and Science rules. To the universe and beyond
Member of BOINC@Heidelberg + BOINC Confederation
My BOINC-Stats / My Badges-List

Ralfy
BC-Member

Re: MineCraft@Home

#2 Post by Ralfy » 26.06.2020, 18:24

Danke, ich probiere es mal aus.

DoctorNow

#3 Post by DoctorNow » 02.08.2020, 14:58

Odicin hat den Wiki-Eintrag vorgenommen, den Thread verschiebe ich jetzt in die Informatik-Sparte.

Edit: Informatik gibt's ja noch gar nicht, also erstmal in die Sonstigen...
Life is Science, and Science rules. To the universe and beyond
Member of BOINC@Heidelberg + BOINC Confederation
My BOINC-Stats / My Badges-List

odicin

#4 Post by odicin » 28.12.2022, 06:45

Bei diesem Projekt gibt es schon seit Ende 2021 keine Arbeit mehr, den Grund werde ich hier mal zur Sicherheit noch vermerken, falls es dann doch irgendwann verschwindet...
[..] This situation, along with the reduced ability to dedicate our free-time to projects from external and internal factors means that we might have a slower period of announcements and minimal administration of projects in the New Year, until or unless new blood can be found or major, exciting discoveries are presented. There are so many techniques, tasks and knowledge one must keep in their minds when working on and with Minecraft@Home, making it difficult for some of us to both train and retain possible new members of our development, testing and project teams. Many are too inexperienced, young or busy to become accustomed to our project's (chaotic at times) development processes and cycles, and so it leads me to wonder personally what we can do to improve this, or how long we can continue running the projects. We're not having a computational resource problem, but a human (and hyena!) resource related one. Not enough meat in some places, we got the bones still in these big seedfinding steaks, but they're not as juicy or fresh as they once were.

Regardless, I feel I can say that we're not going away yet, or within the next half year. You and I may need to keep our expectations smaller and more realistic, and there may be chances that a lot of work done on an unknown, future project is for 'nothing'... aside from knowing that either some code is wrong, or that quite literally, something is truly impossible due to time, resources or lack of possibility of occurring.[..]

odicin

#5 Post by odicin » 18.06.2023, 13:07

Die Seite ist seit 12.06. offline. Ich gehe daher davon aus, daß das Projekt damit dauerhaft beendet ist. -> Verschoben zu beendet.

Gruß Odi