Boinc 5.8.1 Linux
- core client: improve error messages on RPC deferral
- MGR: Simplify snooze so that it only applies to CPU usage.
- MGR: Remember message dialog size and list view column widths for all platforms.
- MGR: Fix an annoying bug when the advanced gui suspended all tasks and then you tried to resume from the simple gui.
Restore didn't work when the task_mode_perm was equal to never and their was no timeout.
We should probably move this logic down into the CC.
- LIB: Don't display foreground window information unless the user has agreed to allow it to happen via the registry.
Their was concern about privacy issues with window titles.
- MGR: Add context help to the BSG.
-MGR: Fix crash bugs: don't call SetBackgroundColour() or SetForegroundColour() before wxDialog::Create().
- core client: add missing error message case on attach failure
- Various changes to deal with the situation where someone attaches to a project while its scheduler is down. Currently the attach fails.
This is a relic of the attach-using-account-key era.
Change it so that:
1) the project_attach GUI RPC has a project_name argument
(so that we can show the project name even before
we've done a scheduler RPC)
2) the attach succeeds even if the initial RPC fails
Note: we can probably get rid of the PROJECT::tentative flag.
Note: the logic for attaching to a project with an init file (or with "cached credentials", as confusingly described in the Manager code) is messed up, or at least poorly documented.
- core client: remove handle leak in extremely rare case
- core client: fix bugs in calculation of network status
- Manager: add ellipses to menu items that bring up dialogs, tweak wizard text
- SCRSAV: Use RegisterSystemMessage instead of using WM_USER for the WM_INTERRUPTSAVER and WM_SETTIMER events.
- SCRSAV: Clarify which window is receiving the WM_INTERRUPTSAVER event from the DataProc Thread.
- SCRSAV: Fix build break.
- MGR: Refactor the timer management code whithin the advanced frame.
- MGR: Make the simple preferences and messages dialogs have their own help handler, apparently when the event bubbles up to the frame the control ID's were being remapped to the frame window ID.
- Win SETUP: Incorporate a custom action to migrate CPDNBBC data files to the destination BOINC directory.
- make disk pie charts work on Linux (from Frank Weiler)
- change "Preempted" to "Waiting" in GUI ("preempted" is geek-speak)
- DIAG: Don't check for the BOINC symstore if it is a science application that has crashed.
- Changed the way the buttons on the simple gui preferences and messages screens are sized
- core client: if an app fails to start, it could be that the executable has been munged.
So verify the files; this will find the bad file and download it again.
- Manager: in Attach to Account Manager wizard, add some text saying
if they want to just attach to a single project, use the Attach to Project wizard instead.
Some users tried to attach SETI at home using the acct mgr wizard and got all bent outta shape when it didn't work.
- Win SETUP: Add custom actions for saving and restoring user preferences to the registry
- Win SETUP: MoveFileEx isn't spported on the Win9x platform, so dynamically load and execute it on Windows 2000 or better.
- Win SETUP: Remove some dead code from the custom action list.
- Win SETUP: On Windows XP systems or better, we no longer require the service account to have a password, Microsoft has taken care of the problem by not allowing incomming network connections for accounts with no passwords.
- Win SETUP: Fix an issue when restoring saved properties where junk was being introduced into properties where no value was defined.
- Win SETUP: Don't attemp to restore any properties until we have actually stored some from a previous iteration of setup, otherwise our defaults don't kick in.
- Win SETUP: Saving and Restoring properties is now only enabled for those using the UI deployment method, we don't want to throw anything in the registry when the MSI package is being deployed through AD or some other deployment mechinism.
- Update localization template.
- MGR: Replace the context sensitive help button on the main simple gui window with a standard bitmap button and use the bitmaps WCG gave us.
- improved message when detach from project mgr